Orange County Business Council (OCBC) is the leading voice of business on important issues locally, regionally, and nationally. The council works with local business leaders to help maintain Orange County’s competitive edge and encourage prosperity in the region.
President and CEO Lucy Dunn spoke in February at the 2012 State of Education at the Orange County Department of Education. Workforce Development is one of OCBC’s 4 core initiatives. These initiatives are accomplished by a high profile advocacy program for business interests. They include:
- Enhancing investment in infrastructure
- Preparing a workforce for the future economy
- Ensuring an adequate supply of workforce housing,
- And promoting economic development.
They are the heart of Orange County’s ability to attract and retain top businesses, talented entrepreneurs, and a high-skilled labor force in an increasingly competitive global market.
Orange County excels in many key areas:
- The sixth largest county by population in the nation,
- And one of the lowest unemployment rates in the state.
- Orange County exports are expected to reach an all-time high of $27 billion by the end of 2013, up from $20 billion just 2 years ago.
- Ranks second in the nation in the number of high-tech clusters, making it one of the most diverse high-tech economies in the country.
- It is the center of innovation with headquarters of many in the Pharma, BioTech, MedDevice & High-tech industries.
As one of the most economically competitive and prosperous regions in the world, OC is the leader in California’s economic recovery!
OCBC’s new theme “Nothing Rhymes with Orange” reflects how innovative and diverse our county is from a business perspective. For more information:
OC Business Owners: you have the opportunity to establish a new client and a long lasting relationship by reaching out to the new resident population shar.es/rXHqC
Need more exposure for your small business? Advertise with OCRG and Welcome Express!